Sunday, January 6, 2013

teen pregnancy

People think a teen getting pregnant is a terrible thing….yeah it shouldn’t happen but if it happens, it happens. Yeah there are other options like getting an abortion, putting it up for adoption or taking the responsibilities that you caused and take care of the baby. It also all depends on your beliefs also. 
            Being pregnant while being in high school can be very hard it all depends on when you’re due and when you have the baby. If you have the baby when you’re a sophomore or a junior you most likely won’t finish school and may end up just getting your GED. But also if your older and more mature you can handle more on your plate. I for instance am pregnant and I will be due June 2nd, the day after I graduate. I am currently almost 19 weeks pregnant.

            When I found out I was pregnant I was freaking out I had every emotion in me going. I didn’t know exactly what I felt. I one was freaking out about telling my mom. But after I told my boyfriend Jake he was freaking out and he thought I was joking around with him. After he realized I wasn’t joking around and took me seriously he tried getting me to get an abortion. He tried everything in the book to get me to do that. But I refused to and I felt I had to take my responsibilities and take care of what is going to happen.
            Now Jake is very excited and can’t wait to feel the baby move and for us to be a family. Yeah we will have to grow up a lot faster then all of our friends but god only gives obstacles to people who he knows can handle them. He makes things happen to people for many different reasons.
            Telling my family and his family was the hardest thing we could possibly do. But surprisingly both sides of our family took it very well. Much better then we thought they would take it. I was scared to tell my dads parents because my brother and I are their only grandchildren and I didn’t want to disappoint them but they also took it amazingly and everyone is very supportive. We couldn’t have been any luckier.
            I for one will finish school because I wont have any trouble except being tired and missing some school because of appointments and what not.
            Jake and I are excited because this Friday January 11th we find out what we are having. We can’t wait to find out! He wants a boy and I kind of want a boy too. It all is over whelming but exciting at the same time.
           For anyone who reads this and thinks less of me or wants to judge me it wont bother me because I know deep down I am stronger then all of you and I have been through a lot in my life and many people don’t know that about me. I am and will always be that person who you can come and talk to and open up to and I wouldn’t tell anyone anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment